[mod_python] importing home made modules

Bo Lorentsen bl at netgroup.dk
Mon Jul 19 19:54:26 EDT 2004

Hi ...

I have a strage problem, while using apache2 2.0.49 and mod_python 3.1.3
(Python 2.3.4) on a debian testing/sarge platform.

I have made a python module written i C/C++ for python that just works
nicly on the command line python, it both imports and works as expected.
but when I include it in a python module via apache2 I get an
segmentation error. Ofcause plain mod_pyton modules without this module
just works :-)

So my module works just fine, but in apache2 :-(

The funny part is, that this workeed for just a few weeks ago, in the
same setup, but due to a hacker attack I was forced to reinstall the
mashine. The only thing I can think of that may have changed is the
python version (2.3.3->2.3.4).

Are there anyone that have had any problems like this, or will it be
wise to use python 2.2 instead ?

/BL