[mod_python] mod_python mysteriously stopped working under Windows

tpc at csua.berkeley.edu tpc at csua.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 2 19:41:01 EST 2003

oh wow this problem again.  I am going to repost an email I sent to one
Kevin Douglas who kept hitting this same brick wall:

<paste>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:37:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: tpc at csua.berkeley.edu
To: kevin douglas <fitnah55 at hotmail.com>
Cc: mod_python at modpython.org
Subject: RE: [mod_python] need working fix for 'import site' aka
    'ImportError'aka'make_obcallback' error

> -----
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> ImportError: No module named mod_python.apache
> [Sun Jun 08 00:06:50 2003] [error] make_obcallback: could not import
> mod_python.apache.
> -----

I had that exact same problem, although I did not spend as much time
trying to fix it as you apparently have.  I ended up just reinstalling
mod_python.  It works fine now, though I don't understand why it broke in
the first place.
</paste>

if you search the archives you can find out how he resolved the problem,
which he ultimately did, as he recounted to us:

<paste>