[mod_python] migrating from mod_python to mod_wsgi - URL changes

Dave Britton dave at davebritton.com
Thu Oct 1 11:37:24 EDT 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff Dyke
  To: Graham Dumpleton
  Cc: mod_python at modpython.org
  Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:39 AM
  Subject: Re: [mod_python] migrating from mod_python to mod_wsgi - URL changes

  On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumpleton at gmail.com> wrote:

    For simplicity, I would suggest having a look at 'bobo'.

    http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2009/08/using-bobo-on-top-of-modwsgi.html
    http://bobo.digicool.com/

    Graham

  Thanks Graham, good info...as usual.

  Dave, I'll definitely report back, a first look at bobo puts it in as a front runner.

I never heard of bobo before! I'm one of the people Graham describes as liking "that simplicity that attracted many people to the publisher handler" so I'm headed to bobo for a look as well. I wrote a small wrapper object for my earlier cherrypy efforts that tries to emulate the Publisher request object, so cherrypy could pass the cgi content into my existing code and  I could leave the old code unchanged.  I use the cgi name-value variables a lot, so the easier this is, the better.
-Dave