[mod_python] migrating from mod_python to mod_wsgi - URL changes

Jeff Dyke jeff.dyke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:15:21 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Dave Britton <dave at davebritton.com> wrote:

> [...]
The migration is complete, bobo and wsgi are a great pair . As Grant wrote
in the blog post, bobo is simple, does what it claims to do and no more.  It
provides the ability to return simple strings and it'll package it up as a
proper response, or gives you finer control by offering a response object
(webob.Response(), which i use).  Its also great for implementing a RESTful
design with ease.  I do have two small issues, both are configuration
related, have low impact and easy workarounds.  They are no mod_python
releated, which is why i'm being vauge here.

The speed increase is noticeable, and out of the box if my code can run in
mpm-worker then wsgi just happily handles many parralel requests. My
mod_python was under mpm-prefork and i honestly never tried hard to get it
working under mpm-worker, so that statement is not a slam, but mod_wsgi
provides nice intuitive controls and data about how it is running.

Switching to wsgi and bobo made my own interface layer much simpler and
ended up removing many lines of python code (which could have been my fault
to begin with).

Grant: Great advice, great module.  Thanks again.