[mod_python] Apache 2.2.9 + ModPython 3.3.1?

Clodoaldo Pinto Neto clodoaldo.pinto.neto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 19:14:13 EDT 2008

2008/9/23 Tom Stambaugh <brooklinetom at gmail.com>:
> My current apache 2.2.8/mod_python 3.3.1 configuration is working very
> nicely. Sadly, however, the log rotate mechanism of apache v2.2.8 is broken
> -- after a rotate, the instance continues to log entries into access_log.1
> instead of (the new) access_log. This apache bug is apparently fixed in
> v2.2.9.

Are you sure it is an apache bug? Did you check your
/etc/logrotate.d/httpd file? It should have something like this:

/var/log/httpd/*log {
    missingok
    notifempty
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/httpd.pid 2>/dev/null` 2> /dev/null || true
    endscript
}

I guess your script is not killing apache.

Regards, Clodoaldo