[mod_python] How create a scheduler ?

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Sat Nov 18 12:45:24 EST 2006

Seb wrote:
> Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> > You can use the PythonImport directive to have a specific
> > module imported at the time that the Apache child process
> > is created and prior to any actual request having been
> > received. From this you could create a new thread to
> > perform some periodic task.
>
> My goal is to create a persistent game with html access.
> I need to update the world periodicly, and not to wait
> that a user upload a page for checking and launch all
> the tasks. Each tasks will be counted as a thread, wich
> can be update for the game, mail on the intern mail
> service, saves and more...

It is. You might want to look at my http://projects.amor.org/misc/wiki/Recur which now includes a Worker class and a Scheduler class. There's also http://trac.turbogears.org/turbogears/browser/trunk/turbogears/scheduler.py, which is a webified version of Irmen de Jong's older Kronos module.

Robert Brewer
System Architect
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org