[mod_python] python module loaded, but not parsed (huh?)

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Jan 13 21:40:51 EST 2006

On 14/01/2006, at 11:54 AM, Fabiano Sidler wrote:
> The interesting[tm] thing now is that on creation of the
> testwebapp.MyWebApp class, loadmodule()'s mod argument is container
> instead of my assumption, in which it was testwebapp. As the
> consequence, the name testwebapp.handler is not set and mod_python
> delivers the script code to the client, annoyingly without any message
> to the logs!

Use mod_python 3.2.5b (hopefully 3.2.6 final soon). This addresses that
particular problem of not getting an error message when the handler
could
not be found. First documented in:

   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-46

> Is there a way to achieve what I wanted to do, or will I have to
> change my whole app design? As I posted earlier, I'm doing a
> server-independent interface for writing webapps and its specification
> is already made. I would dislike beginning from 0.

Ahhh, I'll have to look through your code and past emails to see what
you
wanted to achieve, not real clear on that point right now. ;-)