[mod_python] error: could not import mod_python.apache

Mike Looijmans nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Apr 20 07:06:47 EDT 2006

It may be a good idea to stop your apache server, re-install mod_python
and then restart apache. The install fails when Apache runs during the
install, but the install isn't too clear about that, as I recall.

Apache on windows will run by default using the local "SYSTEM" account.
This account has access to just about everything on your local machine,
but has no rights whatsover to access any network resource, even if you
explicitly grant it access to some networked dirs. So your modules,
python, and your scripts must be located on the local machine's drive(s).

Mike Looijmans
Philips Natlab / Topic Automation