[mod_python] ValueError with Flash 8 FileReference.upload(url)

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Apr 6 16:34:20 EDT 2006

On 07/04/2006, at 12:26 AM, Harold J. Ship wrote:

> Thanks for your help. I posted a bug on Macromedia's site.
>
> However, even if the request from the Flash FileReference.update()
> method isn't correct, wouldn't it make sense to handle it? The Flash
> player is ubiquitous, and even if Macromedia fixes this, there will be
> millions of older versions that will continue to send the request that
> way. This effectively means that one can't use Flash to upload
> files to
> a mod_python based server.

Looking at what they sent, a long shot may be that the problem is that
they only emit the blank line after the content type header line. Since
you didn't have a content type associated with the second section, it
didn't add it. Thus, what happens when you specify content type for
the section section as 'text/plain'.