[mod_python] mod_python + MySQLdb + Apache strange behavoir

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Sep 9 04:38:55 EDT 2005

On 09/09/2005, at 3:26 PM, Earle Ady wrote:

> I seem to be having some strange behavior between mod_python and
> MySQLdb under Apache.
>
> I have relatively simple .PSP's that will work one second, and then
> fail on a reload.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  To make
> things even more bizarre, if I utilize the same logic in another .PSP
> it may work!  I can't seem to narrow down what this problem is.
>
> I read an article from two years ago about conflicts between PHP
> running parallel to mod_python.  I have deactivated the PHP module
> problem still persists.
>
> Error messages vary, nothing seems to fix things properly.
>
> Has anyone else had these sorts of problems?

There are known problems, but without the error messages from the Apache
error log file, we would be guessing.

Does the problem occur in PSP code independent of use of MySQLDB? Are
you
mixing use of mod_python.psp and mod_python.publisher and thus are using
"from mod_python import psp" or "import mod_python.psp" explicitly?

You might try latest beta of mod_python 3.2 as some issues related to
module importing when using mod_python.publisher and mod_python.psp
together are addressed.