[mod_python] mod_python + MySQLdb + Apache strange behavoir

Earle Ady earle.ady at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 01:26:05 EDT 2005

I seem to be having some strange behavior between mod_python and
MySQLdb under Apache.

I have relatively simple .PSP's that will work one second, and then
fail on a reload.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  To
make things even more bizarre, if I utilize the same logic in
another .PSP it may work!  I can't seem to narrow down what this
problem is.

I read an article from two years ago about conflicts between PHP
running parallel to mod_python.  I have deactivated the PHP module
problem still persists.

Error messages vary, nothing seems to fix things properly.

Has anyone else had these sorts of problems?

I am currently running mod_python 3.1.4, MySQLdb 1.2.0, MySQL 4.1.12-
standard,
and Apache 2.0.54

Best,

earle.