[mod_python] OS X / Apache 2 / mod_python bug

Jason Stitt jason at pengale.com
Sun Mar 13 15:07:51 EST 2005

I can second this exactly. Because I compiled everything myself, I
thought I might have just messed up a config switch or something, but
it looks like the problem may be more widespread.

I'm on OS X version 10.3.8 (desktop, not server), with Python 2.4
(first stable) compiled as a framework, httpd 2.0.52 and mod_python
3.1.3.

apachectl 'restart' and 'graceful' both make mod_python stop working.
Stopping apache, waiting and starting it again works fine.

I also have nothing in the logs to indicate any problem or cause.

On Mar 13, 2005, at 5:39 AM, Jamie Kirkpatrick wrote:

-snip-

> The bug I have discovered basically boils down to a tiny thing that is
> not an easy thing to discover.  If you use `apachectl restart` to
> control the execution of Apache with mod_python installed on OS X
> (server at least, I didnt try the client version but I imagine it will
> be the same), you will find mod_python ceases to function, producing a
> 500 error from apache.

- snip -