[mod_python] Re: Sessions and Cheetah

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Jun 8 05:56:57 EDT 2005

On 08/06/2005, at 6:47 PM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 11:02:00PM +1000,
>  Graham Dumpleton <grahamd at dscpl.com.au> wrote
>  a message of 51 lines which said:
>
>> If you are able to check out of the subversion repository the very
>> latest source code for Vampire, you'll get the updated example which
>> has been modified so as to use Cheetah templates for the various
>> pages.
>
> The example of session with Cheetah in Vampire 1.7 seems to work
> perfectly for me (providing you install it with care and remember that
> ".vampire" files are not inherited, the first one takes all).

True, they aren't inherited in the sense of being cumulative, it will
only
use the first file it finds on its search back upwards from the point
the
request maps to, stopping its search if not found when it reaches where
PythonHandler was defined for that directory tree.

I probably made the session example a bit more complicated by importing
the PSP and Cheetah stuff out of the files in sibling directories. I
didn't
want to duplicate the code in multiple places. :-)