[mod_python] XP Authentication problems over Apache and WebDAV

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Apr 4 03:00:52 EDT 2005

If you are using req.get_basic_auth_pw() and req.user, and the problem
is that it isn't coping with the particular format of the request header
then consider writing your own code to parse the header and thus deal
with any inconsistencies. You can get an idea of how to do it by looking
at the implementation of:

  mod_python.publisher.process_auth()

Online copy can be viewed at:

   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_python/trunk/lib/python/mod_python/publisher.py

Is that helpful, or have I guessed wrongly about what the problem is?

Graham

Kevin Roberts wrote ..