[mod_python] servlet (mps_tutorial) and apache

Chris Curvey ccurvey at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 10 17:44:42 EDT 2004

I think I'm having the same issue/confusion, but I can't find what I'm
looking for in the mod_python docs or the mpservlet docs.  In fact, when
I run httpd normally -- that is, with "apachectl restart", I seem to get
random results.  It looks like different versions of the servlet are
getting stored in different OS processes.

Is there a summary out there of what causes a mod_python class (or a
servlet class) to be reconstituted from disk?

I seem to remember that there was an option I could set (somewhere)
which told apache to always re-use code from disk.  This would be bad
for production, but very useful for development....

-Chris