[mod_python] Semaphores not cleaned up when running in debug mode

Miles Thibault miles at phgroup.com
Fri Jul 9 18:50:44 EDT 2004

When running Apache in debug mode (-X or -DONE_PROCESS) the mutexes that
mod_python creates are not removed after the server is shut down.

mod_python version = 3.1.3
Apache version = 2.0.49
OS = Linux 2.4 and 2.6
Disto = Suse 9.0 and 9.1

I've done strace's of Apache processes both in and not in debug mode.
semctl(... IPC_RMID ...) is never called in debug mode.  I've also
checked that the semaphores created are indeed the ones that show up in
ipcs -s.
If this isn't my problem, I kind of think it's an Apache problem -- but
I thought I'd try here first.

The easy way to fix things is to remove all the semaphores.  But this
isn't great because I have more than one server running (as the same
user) at the same time.  I've been trying to get mod_python to print the
semid to the error_log as a debug message, but I haven't been able to
figure out how to get the semid from the mutex array yet.

Thanks,
Miles.