[mod_python] mod_python Live examples

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Tue Aug 17 12:16:56 EDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:

> What I think would be most useful would be a series of documents
> describing different solution patterns in general, and practical
> examples to go along. The problem is, people coming from the "HTML
> embedded web application" world (PHP, ASP) see things very differently
> than people coming from the "two-tier business-logic-HTML-
> renderer" (mod_perl?) world, and then there is still the "constantly
> running business-logic-in-a-servlet" world (Java Servlets).

I'd like to add that we don't have to play into any of these camps,
because there may well exist a better web development paradigm than any of
the above, one that somehow takes advantage of Python's unique abilities
that differentiate it from other languages. I don't believe it has been
discovered quite yet, but I think that that should be the thinking -
something that works well in Python, NOT something that is "like" JSP, or
Servlets, etc.

Grisha