[mod_python] mod_python Live examples

Nick nick at dd.revealed.net
Sun Aug 15 00:02:24 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 15:49, Amir Salihefendic wrote:
> Hello Bo and thanks for your answer.
> It looks to me as most mod_python developers use their own home-made
> systems :-) Well, it's cool and mod_python is just perfect for that
> purpose.

If you're coming from a background like php or jsp, I would say check
out http://nick.borko.org/pse -- it's a handler built on top of
mod_python like psp and servlets, but it's more like php and jsp in that
you primarily work in html to make the pages rather than build html
generators (although you can do that).  It's an easier way to get
started using straight python code in your html rather than using
specialized templating languages, like cherrypy, spyce, etc.  You can
use as little or as much python as you need to make your application,
either embedded in the html or in a separate module that gets executed
with the page.

Nick