[mod_python] mod_python Live examples

Miles K. Forrest milesf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:51:09 EDT 2004

> I would also really like to see more examples. And get some advice :)!

Glad I'm not alone :)  Thanks everyone for your feedback and links to
working mod_python sites.  I'm beginning to see that mod_python's
ability to open up the insides of apache is something really powerful.
 I also get the sense that it's not meant for "newbies" like me who
are used to building webpages with Windows tools like Dreamweaver and
putting in the dynamic plumming with PHP.

But I _want_ to learn.  And I'd like to seperate the HTML and Python
code so I can still rely on HTML designers who, unlike myself, know
how to build nice looking pages.  And I'd like to use Python.  But I
can't seem to get a platform working.

I figure I need to use templating to seperate the HTML and Python
code.  I've read Grisha's article at onlamp.com:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2004/02/26/python_server_pages.html

I suppose having lots of choices when it comes to templating if you
know what you're doing, but for someone like me the choice is
difficult: which _should_ I choose?  Being told "it depends on what
you're doing" doesn't help because I'm not sure what I'm going to do,
I'm still learning.  I'm leaning towards PSP because it's built-in to
mod_python, so it seems to me it will become a standard way of
templating because it's already there.

Can any gurus out there help guide this neophyte? (wincing a bit as I
click send in fear of a "RTFM" retaliation - I've read so much my
eyeballs are beginning to glaze over)

Miles