[mod_python] mod_python thread error (probably my fault)

Oliver Nelson flxkid at techemail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:18:51 EST 2003

Mike,

It worked great!  Thanx.  Now, why doesn't it work when I compile my own 2.3.2?  Is  the make install not overwriting somewhere where there is a 2.3 no threaded libpython?  How would I find out?  I'm just a curious kinda guy ;)

OLIVER

--- Mike Klein <mikeklein at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
You will get this same error trying to use SOAPpy too.

It means your Python that mod_python was built against doesn't support
threads. You might have a thread.py module under your python libs dir
but that doesn't mean your python supports threads.

Go the the mod_python page, get the appropriate version per your apache
version, and then get EXACTLY the version of Python recommended. Build
this python in your source tree (with threads!) and mod_python against
this. Everything will work fine.

mike