[mod_python] Form-based authentication using mod_puthon / Apache

martin.clausen at privat.dk martin.clausen at privat.dk
Sat Nov 22 23:13:53 EST 2003

How do I do form-based authentication using mod_python / Apache. I would like to use Apaches authentication mechanism(as used in the mod_pyhton manual(release 3.0.3), but would like a form-based login/password solution instead of the pop-up - is that possible ?

The only solution I have been able to find after a lot of googling and mailing list searches is to use javascript to prefix the login and password to the request from a form on a "cover" page, but besides from the inelegance inhenrent in this solution and the security risk in transmitting the password as part of the request, it would not prevent the pop-up from appearing if someone requested the login script directly.

Any help is appreciated, also if the you have a solution for form-based authentication that does not use Apache.

Regards,

Martin