[mod_python] Persistent db connections

Conrad Steenberg conrad at hep.caltech.edu
Thu Aug 7 08:36:30 EST 2003

Hi Van

Doing it the way you describe would work, but depending on the DB and
Apache settings, you might have more Apache processes spawned than the
number of connections your DB can handle.

Using dbpool would make your web app fail more gracefully, i.e. get
slower with more connections, instead of giving some users an error that
it was unable to connect to the DB, as you often see on overloaded
discussion sites.

Cheers

Conrad