[mod_python] Installing mod_python on Win98/Apache

George Harrison gharris at centauri.mb.ca
Wed Jul 17 02:46:24 EST 2002

After following the instructions in the documentation and copying the files
from C:\Program Files\Python\lib\mod_python-x\lib\mod_python to C:\Program
Files\Python\lib\mod_python; when I launch Apache I get the message:

Syntax error on line 194 of c:/program piles/apache
group/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load module
c:/program files/apache group/apache/modules/mod_python.dll
into server: (1157) One of the library files needed to run
this application cannot be found.

line 194 consists of "LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.dll"
I have added the line "AddModule mod_python.c" after the ClearModuleList
Directive, but the program doesn't seem to be getting that far in httpd.conf.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

gh