[mod_python] Promoting Python as web application developmentlanguage

Tom Emerson tree at basistech.com
Tue Aug 27 18:38:36 EST 2002

Michael C. Neel writes:
> The other thing I'd like to say is that python.apache.org should
> just be mod_python.  It servers the same purpose as mod_perl, to
> allow apache development in python.

Look though at http://tcl.apache.org/, which includes pointers to
several projects for integrating Tcl into Apache. I don't see why
mod_snake shouldn't be included with mod_python. Developers would be
coming to python.apache.org to find out how to interface to Apache
with Python...

> Catering the section to template modules, application servers, or
> others projects just dilutes what a developer is looking for.

... but the next question many will ask is, "so now what? Where are
the template packages?"

> I do think a "sister sites" link area is a good idea, as well as
> some kind of mod_python CPAN.

Indeed!

    -tree

Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com