[mod_python] Promoting Python as web application development language

Michael Neel neel at mediapulse.com
Sat Aug 24 16:29:39 EST 2002

Would it make since to have python.apache.org work the same as
jakarta.apache.org?  Then have mod_python, mod_snake, and any other
efforts listed as sub-projects.  Zope could be related link, but it
really does fit in with what I think of when I think "mod_python".  I
want mod_python to provide 2 very key parts; 1. provided an embedded
interperter so I can speed up a existing python code with little effort
and 2. provide a python API version of the Apache API. (I'm not saying
we don't have these bases covered, just say what I'm looking for in a
mod python project).  Zope is a tool for a different job.

If the sticking point is wether python.apache.org jumps to mod_python or
mod_snake, then just solve that now by linking to both as the java pages
do.  Once python has a higher visibility, the community will help it
become whatever it needs to become with reguards to apache.

BTW anyone want to make RedHat stop shipping python 1.5 as default and
giving you mod_python built against 1.5 as well? I can dream can't I?

Anyone ask Guido if he would make a phone call? =D

Mike
--
Michael C. Neel
There are only 10 types of people in the world;