[mod_python] Promoting Python as web application development language

Jørgen Frøjk Kjærsgaard {Metation} jfk at metation.com
Sat Aug 24 10:16:42 EST 2002

Lørdag 24. August 2002 01:22 skrev du:
> Yet, there is such a symbiotic relationship between
> apache and mod_python, what would it take to have a link on the main apache
> side to the 'python' web-app alternative, in the Apache Projects section of
> the
> LEFT SIDE NAVIGATION ?
>
>    Apache Projects
>      HTTP Server
>      APR
>      Jakarta
>      Perl
>      Python    <-- something like this, linking to www.mod_python.org,
>      PHP           or to 'python.apache.org' which would redirect to
>      TCL           www.mod_python.org (or something along those lines)
>      XML
>      Conferences
>      Foundation

As Fabian Fagerholm wrote aug 22nd, I believe python.apache.org shouldn't
equal mod_python. Although mod_python is a great product, it isn't the only
way to use Python with Apache.

The community around mod_dtcl took the initial initiative to move to
tcl.apache.org and invited the other Tcl alternatives to join in. This has
now resulted in a new module, Apache Rivet, which combines the efforts of
mod_dtcl and neowebscript.

If a similar symbiosis can be archived in the Python web community, I believe
it we benefit all of us. On the other hand, if python.apache.org ==
mod_python, it may split the Python web community.

/jfk

--
Jørgen Frøjk Kjærsgaard, direktør og systemkonsulent
Metation aps - Kystvejen 29, DK-8000 Århus C