[mod_python] Win32 threading issue

Chris Trengove trengove at econdata.com.au
Thu May 10 08:43:10 EST 2001

Stephane,

This is the sort of thing I have been using. I open two console windows and
start the script in both.

	import sys
	import time
	import urllib

	URL =
"http://127.0.0.1/python/test.py"
	NUM_GETS = 1000

	start = time.clock()

for i in range(0,NUM_GETS):
    	f = urllib.urlopen(URL)
		print f.read(),

	f.close()
	stop = time.clock()
	elapsed = stop - start
	print "%d GETs in
%.3f seconds = %.0f GETs/second" % (NUM_GETS,elapsed,NUM_GETS / elapsed)

I do not have a multiprocessor machine. I have been wondering whether this
is something to do running these tests on a single (local) machine, rather
than across a network, but when I try the above driver script retrieving a
small text file, everything is OK.

Incidentally, I have now switched to Apache 1.3.19 and still get the same
behaviour.

Chris