[mod_python] Persistent variable again...

nineclue at bigfoot.com nineclue at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 18 09:58:57 EST 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Damjan wrote:

> I've been thinking about session managment for mod_python too, and it seems
> like an important issue. I'd sugest we develop a common interface to session
> managment, and then write specific modules that handle the job, by ways of
> cookies, databases, special daemons etc...

In my opinion, best way would be using shared memory if possible. I'm not
good at Apache & python, but I found that mod_auth_digest in Apache 2.0
supports session caching accross processes using shared memory (New
Features in Apache 2.0 page).

A general dictionary variable per main interpreter. So handler can
register it's own variable within dictionary variable with a key, that
could be used in session handling, caching small tables (DBMS data)...