[mod_python] Persistent variable again...

Ben Leslie benno at sesgroup.net
Wed Apr 18 13:58:15 EST 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> In my (humble) opinion, things like this are outside the scope of
> mod_python, since the goal of mod_python is apache/python integration -
> not building web application frameworks. In other words, mod_python is
> something that makes Apache internals available in Python to give the
> developer more power and speed, it's not something to make web application
> development necessarily easier.

<snip>

As someone who has used mod_python for a rather large project i have to
agree with Grisha here. I don't want want all the state stuff in there on
project where I don't need it. mod_python gives me a platform where I can
people those things on top as I need them.

Also I don't think that you really need shared memory for session etc
since you can usually store that to a database, which gives you other
advantages. A decent database impl. should be fast enough to cope with
that kinda thing.

My 2c worth,

Benno