[mod_python] apache's log and hook api in mod_python?

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Mar 8 21:19:07 EST 2005

Kevin Wang wrote ..

> For my second question, actually it is unrelated with the first one.  In
> Apache 2's C api, we can create a hook in a module, and all the other
> modules are able to call that hook at any time.  I am wondering if
> mod_python allows us to create our own hook (using python), and other
> modules (probably C implementations) can call that hook.

That question I don't think I can answer.

I haven't used them or even really looked at them, but one can use
mod_python to create filters.

  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-filter.html

This isn't exactly direct callable from another module, but presume it
would allow the output of another module to be filtered through something
running under mod_python.

Handlers in general may allow you implement some phases of a request
otherwise handled by another module, but not sure as have always done
everything under mod_python and not mixed it with other modules.

  http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-handler.html

Don't know if this helps or not.

You might grep through the source code for mod_python to see if you see
the particular Apache API hook methods being used and deduce from that
if it does what you are looking for.