[mod_python] apache's hook api in mod_python?

Kevin Wang kwang at activegrid.com
Wed Mar 9 14:39:21 EST 2005

Hi Graham,

Thanks a lot for your kind help!

My understanding of Apache C API's hook is that it allows module A to create
a callback hook and all other modules can provide their own callback
functions to hook on it, and then those callback functions can be called by
module A at any time.

I doubt it can be replaced by Apache's filters, as filters themselves are
hook callbacks which are called at various request processing stages.  If I
am wrong or if there any smarter way to achieve what I want, please let me know.

I am cc'ing this email to mod_python development mailing list to see if this
  does exist or it is a nice feature to have in the future.

Thanks.

-- Kevin