[mod_python] could not import mod_python.apache ?

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Wed Oct 8 09:33:31 EST 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Seth Ladd wrote:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
> 784, in ?
>      mpm_query = _apache.mpm_query
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'mpm_query'

Sounds to me like you still have the old mod_python/apache.py in your
pythonpath.

> ed on 150 max processes and 0 max threads.
> [Wed Oct 08 03:25:54 2003] [error] (28)No space left on device:
> mod_python: Fail
> ed to create global mutex 125 of 150 (/tmp/mpmtx12242125).

There are references to that earlier in the list, also I believe the error
log shows a hint on what to do. It has to do with the default number of
available semaphores on Linux which needs to be increased.

The latest version that is in CVS deals with this issue a bit better.

Grisha