[mod_python] cookie not set in the response for IE

Reuben A Christie christie at knewco.com
Thu Oct 1 09:36:45 EDT 2009

I am trying to set the cookie in the header , that I read every
subsequent requests.  and If i dont find it, I create new cookie
it works fine for FF but for IE and Safari, somehow the cookie is not
being set. Every single request I check, it does not have the cookie and
I end up creating cookie for everysingle request as if it was a brand
new session. any help please

this is how i do it,

c = Cookie.Cookie('session_id', sessionID)
c.expires = time.time()+60 * self._session_expiration_time
Cookie.add_cookie(REQUEST, c)