[mod_python] mod_python adapter for mod_wsgi in the make

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:01:47 EST 2009

Hmmm, did I ever point you to my SWIG bindings for Apache C API.

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/source/browse/#svn/sandbox/ap_swig_py

I stopped work on it because no one was interested, but gives you more
direct access to Apache request_rec object plus all the native Apache
APIs which mod_python has a tendency to want to use at lowest levels.

It can only be used in mod_wsgi embedded mode though, not daemon mode.

To use you need to also set:

  WSGIPassApacheRequest On

in Apache configuration.

It is been a long time since I played with it, but from memory can do
things like:

 from apache.httpd import *

 def application(environ, start_response):
    r = request_rec(environ['apache.request_rec'])

    ap_internal_redirect('/some/other/path', r)

    # Dummy WSGI response as redirect already sent response.
    start_response('200 OK', [])
    return []

The request_rec is already going to give you a requets object like
mod_python, although actually closer to original Apache one than
mod_python.

Graham