[mod_python] Error testing installation of mod_python

Tim Valenta tonightslastsong at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 20:01:52 EDT 2009

I also had troubles trying to make a non-'publisher' handler work, and so
rather than battling a hello world example, I had cut straight to the
publisher, which felt more natural for the casual "I need to know how to
work with mod_python" user.  I can't say that I was ready to be writing
custom handlers (hello world tutorial or not), when resource
routing/handling isn't the core of what I would look into a high-level
language for.  That's the sort of thing that I would expect is already taken
care of.  Might make a good tutorial to learn how to do it (and to clearly
advertise that it's capable of such things) but when turned black and white:
 publisher was the best way to simply get rolling.
I agree entirely that the page to which you've referenced is valuable
information for correcting any problems being had.

I also submit that mpinfo might not be worth the trouble to wrestle with if
you don't need to know about your own local WinXP server right this instant.

Best of luck,
Tim