[mod_python] Error testing installation of mod_python

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:48:20 EDT 2009

2009/3/28 Tim Valenta <tonightslastsong at gmail.com>:
>> Mostly irrelevant. They are using:
>>
>>  <Location /mpinfo>
>>  PythonHandler mod_python.testhandler
>
> Mostly not irrelevant, because it should be made sure that this
> specific location directive is the one being used.  If it's not
> included at all, then clearly a 404 would happen because it'd be
> looking for index.py files somewhere.
>
> Just wanted to clarify that I'm not a mumbling idiot.  I should have
> been more clear where I was coming from.

The output they posted in the first message is what is output by the
mod_python.testhandler. You started talking about /mpinfo, which was
the URL he had mapped to that. Your explanation was therefore
irrelevant to the /mpinfo output as he produced it as it doesn't using
anything you talked about. What you talked about was also how
mod_python.publisher works, which isn't even the basic mod_python
handler mechanism which is most likely what he is trying to get going
because that is what is used for the first hello world example in the
mod_python documentation, not mod_python.publisher.

The document I referenced gives better instructions on how to set up
that first basic mod_python handler.

Graham