[mod_python] [SPAM] PythonAuthenHandler troubles!!!

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 18:49:24 EDT 2008

2008/9/5 steve boutabi <sideh101 at hotmail.fr>:
> Hi, i'm working on a project in Python in which i have enable reading and
> modifying documents with OpenOffice through  WebDav.
> The trouble comes when i try to give the authentification phase to
> mod-python, it simply doesn't work
>
> here is my site.conf:
> <Directory "/opt/monsite">
>      Dav On
>      AddHandler mod_python .odt
>      PythonAuthenHandler myscript
>      PythonDebug On
>      AuthType Basic
>      AuthName "Mosaic"
>      <Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
>         Require valid-user
>      </Limit>
> </Directory>
>

> if i try to add an AuthAuthoritative Off directive, Apache don't start
> telling me that this command is misspelled or that some module is missing.
> if i try to add a PythonHandler, i must handle everything, thus i loose
> WebDav functionality.
>
> I want only authentification to be handeled by PythonAuthenHandler the rest
> by Apache-WebDAV

If you only want authentication to be handled by mod_python, why do you have:

  AddHandler mod_python .odt

That only applies to content handler phase and may confused DAV.

Other than that, don't really understand what you are trying to say in
'don't start telling me that this command is misspelled or that some
module is missing'. Also doesn't help that you don't supply what is in
your authenhandler.

FWIW, if all you are using mod_python for is a custom basic auth
provider, you may be better off using mod_wsgi instead as its support
for auth providers is simpler to use than doing a full authentication
handler for mod_python.

See:

  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/AccessControlMechanisms