[mod_python] [SPAM] PythonAuthenHandler troubles!!!

steve boutabi sideh101 at hotmail.fr
Thu Sep 4 11:03:30 EDT 2008

Hi, i'm working on a project in Python in which i have enable reading and modifying documents with OpenOffice through  WebDav.
The trouble comes when i try to give the authentification phase to mod-python, it simply doesn't work

here is my site.conf:
<Directory "/opt/monsite">
     Dav On
     AddHandler mod_python .odt
     PythonAuthenHandler myscript
     PythonDebug On
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "Mosaic"
     <Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
        Require valid-user
     </Limit>
</Directory>

if i try to add an AuthAuthoritative Off directive, Apache don't start telling me that this command is misspelled or that some module is missing.
if i try to add a PythonHandler, i must handle everything, thus i loose WebDav functionality.

I want only authentification to be handeled by PythonAuthenHandler the rest by Apache-WebDAV