[mod_python] mod_python.Importer.path; set dynamically

Martijn Moeling martijn at xs4us.nu
Thu Jan 31 10:02:10 EST 2008

Hi!

I am an extensive mod_python user and my system needs something special.

Consider the following:

in httpd.conf I have :

PythonOption mod_python.importer.path ["/var/www/python_modules"]

/var/www/html/index.py is linked to ../python_modules/index.py

the python_modules directory has subdirectories, like; developer1, developer2

the python_modules contains stable modules and developerX holds development versions.

I have load balancing with multiple frond-ends (apache/MP) and one backend (MySQL).

I would like to dynamically change the mod_python.importer.path so that developer1 runs code in the corresponding subdir if the module exists,
else fall back to the python_modules directory.

Any tips, suggestions, remarks?

Thanx!!

Martijn Moeling