[mod_python] Local Web Server

MCL Systems mcl.office at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 30 04:48:38 EST 2008

I am looking for a local lightweight web server, that I can use to run
python apps locally via my USB pen drive.

I am running winxp sp2.

The programs are coded for mod_python and I am using scite portable and
portable python for my development..

I am very limited in my abilities to install programs successfully, but I
can still achieve programming results, to my satisfaction with python.

My programs query text/csv files and display the results in a browser.

So I imagine I will start server 'x', which will point to a document root
and then I can access my files as  http://127.1.0.0 or whatever /mycode.py

So is there a binary I can download, already configured to run locally and
with mod_python support and all I have to do is tell it where document root
is.

I like a simple life.

Richard