[mod_python] can't seem to expire a cookie value

Matt Barnicle mattb at wageslavery.org
Mon Jan 21 21:00:49 EST 2008

ok i installed the extension and captured some data..  here is what the
header looks like when i click the signout button:

Set-Cookie: user_name=matt; expires=Mon, 22-Jan-2007 01:54:01 GMT

then when i go back to the home page, my code reads the cookies to see if
the cookie called 'user_name' exists, and if so, logs me in and resets the
cookies:

if cookies.has_key('user_name'):
	cookie = Cookie.Cookie('user_name', user_name)
	cookie.expires = time.time() + 31536000
	Cookie.add_cookie(self.req, cookie)

i thought maybe i need to check the expiry date of the cookie, so i tried
that with the following code:

	self.req.write(str(cookies['user_name']) + '<br>\n')
	self.req.write('expires: ' + cookies['user_name'].expires + '<br>\n')

but that throws the following error:

	File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mod_python/Cookie.py", line 93,
	in get_expires
		return self._expires

	AttributeError: _expires

- m@