[mod_python] Apache/mod_python: Registering a request handler dynamically

Samuel Abels newsgroups at debain.org
Mon Dec 29 19:10:12 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 09:20 +1100, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> Project at:
>
>   http://code.google.com/p/pywsgi/

Man, your eyes are everywhere :-).

> The name of the project seems to be very out of place as it isn't a
> WSGI project at all really in as much as you could not use this in
> conjunction with any other WSGI compatible project from what I can
> see.

Well, I was a little afraid to cause confusion, but didn't think it was
an issue considering that WSGI is just a specification (around which the
module is built).

> You seem to miss the point of what WSGI is about

You have made clear that you think projects should bind to WSGI
directly, but I don't think that was it's intention (it's just too low
level for that).

> and to a degree
> seem to be playing off the WSGI name to get some visibility to the
> project.

Frankly, I didn't think it's a big deal, pretty much every single CGI
wrapper out there uses CGI in its name.

Anyway, since you are the first to notice and seem to take issue with
the name, I may rename it later. I just can't think of a better name
right now.

-Samuel