[mod_python] Apache/mod_python: Registering a request handler dynamically

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:20:53 EST 2008

2008/12/29 Samuel Abels <newsgroups at debain.org>:
> On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 11:26 +1100, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
>> An example of a custom dispatcher that you may want to look at, in
>> respect of how it is implemented and thus take ideas from, is Vampire
>> custom handler for mod_python. It maps only the first part of the URL
>> to a specific file and then calls handler function in it, not mapping
>> any more of the URL to alternatives in the file like publisher does.
>>
>> If you look at mod_wsgi it is more like mod_cgi and is resource based.
>> That is, without needing a custom dispatcher one can through multiple
>> WSGI script files in a directory and they will work, only requiring a
>> single AddHandler directive to do it. As a I said, to do this in
>> mod_python you need to write a custom dispatcher.
>
> Alright, I see then why this won't work the way I had hoped. Thanks a
> lot for your comments.

Project at:

  http://code.google.com/p/pywsgi/

The name of the project seems to be very out of place as it isn't a
WSGI project at all really in as much as you could not use this in
conjunction with any other WSGI compatible project from what I can
see. You seem to miss the point of what WSGI is about and to a degree
seem to be playing off the WSGI name to get some visibility to the
project.