[mod_python] Configuration issue with Apache

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 20:10:00 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Graham Dumpleton
<graham.dumpleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since you haven't provided what configuration you used to enable
> mod_python it is hard to tell. At a guess though it sounds like you
> use SetHandler in the .htaccess to enable mod_python and so have made
> all requests against directory use mod_python. You should look at
> using AddHandler to restrict use of mod_python to certain extensions
> in URL, or instead use 'SetHandler None' in .htaccess of subdirectory
> where PHP is used, presuming that PHP configured to act as output
> filter.
>
> Provide configuration and crystal ball wouldn't be necessary.
>
> Graham

Sorry for leaving out that vital information, not sure what I was
thinking to not provide it. I was in a hurry in my initial post, so I
do apologize. Below is the configuration I'm using. I believe I used
the setup instructions on the official mod_python website, but I don't
remember for sure. Note also that by adding "php" to the list of
extensions in <Files>, this still doesn't cause the forum scripts to
work. Sometimes I'd notice that the PHP script itself would show up
when I visited the forum instead of it being executed.

Thank you again for your help. Please let me know if I've left anything out.

#------------------------------------------------------------------
Options All -Indexes

# Set mod_python options
DirectoryIndex index.py