[mod_python] cache-control and session-id

John Aherne johna at johnaherne.co.uk
Sun Aug 24 07:14:19 EDT 2008

If I use sessions, mod_python adds a header

< Cache Control no-cache="Set Cookie">

What I can't make out despite searching all over google is whether by
default the page generated will get cached by proxies if I don't include
a cache-control header.

I must admit I thought that without any cache-control header, proxies
would not cache the page.

I assume that the no-cache option means the session cookie is not
cached. That is my understanding of the info I have read.

I'm not that clued up on caching, so I'm hoping that someone can give me
the real facts if any on this

Hoping for some enlightenment.

Regards

John Aherne