[mod_python] ValueError: Failed to acquire global mutex lock

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:28:40 EDT 2007

Your system has a low number of sysvsem's configured and it is running
out. Whether you use prefork or worker shouldn't matter. You can
change the number that mod_python uses, setting it to a lower value
using the directive:

  PythonOption mod_python.mutex_locks 4

Must be defined at global scope in Apache configuration. Check Apache
error logs to see if it works.

Note, you must be using mod_python 3.3.1.

Graham