[mod_python] ValueError: Failed to acquire global mutex lock

Michael Robokoff mike.robokoff at apioutsourcing.com
Tue Oct 16 08:04:52 EDT 2007

Hello,

I just changed from running apache configured with "mpm=prefork" to
"mpm=worker".

Everything worked with the "prefork" attribute. We decided to change over to
multi threading

to test performance, so I recompiled apache with the "worker" attribute. Now
we get the error

[error] [client]   File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mod_python/Session.py", line 280, in
lock\n    _apache._global_lock(self._req.server, self._sid), referer:

"ValueError: Failed to acquire global mutex lock" referer: http:...

Can you please give me some direction on this.

Michael Robokoff

Senior Systems Administrator

API Outsourcing