[SPAM] Re: [mod_python] run mod_python on server

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Mon May 28 18:38:54 EDT 2007

Although some create threads within the Apache/mod_python processes to
perform such long running tasks, it is more preferable to run a
backend daemon process to which you forward details of the task to be
run using XML-RPC. Another way is to write details of the task to disk
and have a cron job or backend daemon process read the details from
disk and then process it.

Graham