[mod_python] mod_python+Apache2+OpenSSL missconfiguration?

Johans Taboada jmt4b04d4v at gmail.com
Tue May 15 12:45:35 EDT 2007

Hi list, I ask for help please.

More than a month ago I had problems with a python app (Trac) served by
Apache2+mod_python. It's an SSL related problem.

I wrote to Trac-Users mailing list (take a look for deep clarification,
please):
  *
http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users/browse_thread/thread/901ef327b448b496?hl=en

But got no solution (responses, yes). Then wrote to openssl-users (see
archive):
  * http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg48669.html

And got no even response.

> When I use directly trac (it has a lightweight server, tracd), it works
with
no problems.

> But when I use it throught apache2+mod_python, apache shows HTTP 500:

> ... SSL error: cipher or hash unavailable

> The only thing I can guess is that ''apache2+mod_python'' (client-app
role)
fails to access PostgreSQL+SSL (server role). Must be a missconfiguration in
apache2, maybe a missing '''PythonOption'''.

How do I configure Apache2 properly, to act as a SSL client, I have no
problems acting as SSL server role.

You are my last source of help.

Thanks,
Johans Marvin Taboada Villca    -`^_^´- .o0O( 2007-04-24, Bienvenida
Bebecita )
Adm. Laboratorio de Desarrollo de Software
Carreras de Informática y Sistemas
UMSS, Cochabamba
Bolivia