[mod_python] publisher - variable processing

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:12:06 EST 2007

On 09/03/07, Colin Bean <ccbean at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you considered using mod_rewrite?  If you don't mind using an
> outside module, you'd be able to use "pretty" urls and not have to
> change your publisher code.
>
> Colin
>
> On 3/8/07, Peter Sanchez <petersanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a way to process data passed in the URL without using the
> > "normal" CGI method using publisher? ie,
> >
> > www.domain.com/script?var1=foo&var2=blah - This I can use req.form
> > for the data. Say I want to use the following:
> >
> > www.domain.com/script/foo/blah
> >
> > I don't mind parsing the data myself, but how can I get the string "/
> > foo/blah" ?
> >
> > I am sure its possible creating a different handler, but is it
> > possible to do so using .publisher?

I'd also suggest mod_rewrite as one way of doing it, but there is also
a way of doing it in mod_python.publisher using a wrapper class for a
method. See:

  http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2005-March/017560.html

The concept could probably be extended to handle form parameters
properly and also to be able to be applied using a decorator.